- M.C. of the San Quentin Talent Show: “I’ve never had a more captive audience. Thank you, gentlemen. I’ll be here all night…. Unfortunately.”
- “I miss Ol’ Rex every day since the day he died.” / “That was the last day I did miss that dog.”
- The Bedouin’s daughters are pretty intense.
- “Waiter, there’s a hair in my roast duck!” / “I’m sorry, madame, I thought you ordered the rabbit.”
- “Waiter! What is this moth doing in my soup?” / “I do believe it is the butterfly stroke, madame.”
- “Waiter, why is your thumb on my steak?” / “That’s so I do not drop it again, madame.”
- “Waiter, this meat is brown clear through! I clearly said I wanted a rare steak!” / “Madame, this is the only way to cook white rhinoceros.”
- “Garçon, is that your shoeprint on my sirloin? / “As you ordered: ‘steak seared medium, and step on it!’
Hand this 'round to your friends and foes:
Published by J. J. Griffing
An American, artist, writer, reader, husband, father, but fundamentally a man and a Christian.
View all posts by J. J. Griffing